Apache Point Observatory
New Mexico, USA
ARC 3.5-m Future Plans and Upgrades
This page contains future plans and upgrades for ARC 3.5-m Instruments.
- 2021-01-05: KOSMOS long slit spectrograph upgrades are being completed at U Washington and are expected to be delivered in early 2021.
ARCTIC (New APO Imager)
- 2018-01-01: GIFS has been decommisioned and returned to Goddard.
- 2014-02-06: Full TUI integration is in the works with planned completion sometime in March .
- 2013-09-04: A simple exposure widget is in place to command the instrument and download exposures.
- Planned integration into TUI is currently on schedule for the end of the calendar (2013) year or during Q12014
- 2021-01-05: ARCTIC is an APO facility instrument, for status go to the main Instrument News page.
- 2014-02-06: Development of ARCTIC is underway! More information about this new instrument can be found here.
- 2013-11-01: APO Imager PDR complete. Awaiting reviewer comments.
- 2013-09-04: APO Imager PDR scheduled for October 30 and 31st.
- Fall 2012: Currently in preliminary discussions for a replacemnt to SPIcam