Sangoma S500 Phone Manual
The phone has these user features
The hard coded keys are self explanatory and their behavior is
fixed. The LCD display is more flexible and can support 7 options
per page, with up to 5 pages.
LCD Display Buttons
The LCD display supports up to 4 pages of 8 vertical programmable
buttons split between the left and right of the display. 4
horizontal buttons underneath the display are context sensitive
and set according to the page and selection.
The 8 programmable keys are grouped in these functions:
- BLF- ("Busy Lamp Field") - Monitors another extension or
feature code that has state information on your PBX. The state
is indicated by the BLF button by either color, audio, or both.
- Call Park- Used for one-touch Call Parking
- Conference- Configures a conference button to allow 5-way
conference calling DTMF- Sends
- DTMF digits while on a active call, such as having the system
dial a feature code while on a active call.
- Hold- Places the caller on Hold.
- Intercom- Causes the dialed extension to answer using Intercom
Calling/Auto Answer instead of ringing.
- LDAP- Button to Launch LDAP directory
- Line- Sets up a line key. Each phone needs at least one line
key. Multiple line keys allow handling multiple outside
- MultiCast Paging- Starts a page to a specific MultiCast
- Record- Toggles on-demand call recording. Requires the user to
have on-demand recording permissions in the PBX.
- Redial- Redials the last number.
- SpeedDial- Dials the programmed number. To insert pauses, use
a comma. Each comma adds a 500ms pause when dialing.
- Transfer-Transfers a call to a new recipient.
- Voicemail- Dials the voicemail system, allowing the user to
check voicemail. XML API- Provides access to the specified Phone
- XML API- Provides access to the specified Phone App.
Each of 4 pages have up to 7 lines configured with the above
functions with the 8th button being the next page. To go to the
next page, press the right column, bottom key. The soft key
numbering is 1 for the top of the left keys through 4 at the
bottom of the left keys, and then 5 at the top of the right keys
to 8 at the bottom of the keys.
XML API is one of the following applications:
Hard Coded Buttons
Programmed LCD Pages
There are 3 programmed LCD pages.
- 3 lines for placing calls and applications to pickup and place
- parking and announcing calls
- miscellaneous phone applications
There are 8 buttons along the left and right side of the screen
to select a choice on the screen. When a choice is selected,
then further options can be made for that screen using the 4
buttons along the bottom edge of the screen.
This page is used for managing calls.
The extension LEDs are off, green, or flashing red. When a
call comes in, the first available extension's LED will flash
red. When you answer the call, the LED will go green.
If you initiate a call, the LED will go green. If you are on
a call, putting the call on hold will cause the extension LED to
flash. Since there are 2 more extensions, you can handle up
to 2 more calls. You can select a call in progress by
selecting the extension with the flashing red LED.
- Door Intercom - operations building back and front door.
- retrieve parked call. Green when lot empty, flashing red
when a call is parked.
- Transfer VM - transfer call
- Contacts - site directory
and user directory.
- next screen
This page is used to park calls and then page the site to announce
Push the "Call Park" button, wait for the parking lot number, 501,
502, 503, ... and then page the group to announce the call.
- Site Page
- 25m Page
- 35m Page
- 1m Page
- next screen
- Voicemail - access voice mail
- DND - enable Do Not Disturb
- Intercom - setup an intercom call to an extension. Note:
*80 + extension is equivalent.
- next screen